Dr. Statnils Dodo Egg
Dr. Statnil has finally found the Dodo Egg.
Now he must learn of the reason the dodos went extinct. Turns out playing beach volleyball with your Egg is a sure way to fail in the game of life.
This game was made for the Ludumdare 46 COMPO event.
The game is being actively changed and updated screenshots might not be an accurate representation of the games state (currently the original game will update soon). If you would like to be notified about updates you should leave a follow.
Try the latest embedded browser version! Bring a friend along. We now support controllers and joysticks (kinda poorly). We are proud to be continuing the tradition of destroying friendship in local play!
- Controls rework (done)
- AI improvement, with easy, medium and hard settings (in progress)
- Customizable match settings (in progress)
- General UI cleanup (in progress)
- Milestone with new build achieved! (06/03/20)
- Customizable graphics and controls
- Graphics improvement
- New music and Sounds
- Bug fixes (in progress)
New stuff that is coming with v0.2:
- New game rules. Specifically implementation of the three hit rule, egg spawns in loser's court, egg floats before first hit, smaller game area, adjustable score limit
- Implementation of new unity input system. This allows easy support for controllers, gampads and joysticks. (I can only test with a generic controller, some buttons might be assigned weirdly you will need to wait for customizable controls update)
- Implementation of custom control script, balancing still pending
- new competent, fair and natural AI
- Removed music (it was cancer anyway, will replace down the line)
- some small graphical shenanigans
Old versions will be moved to an archive. Current version 1.0 and 1.1 will be downgraded to 0.1 and 0.1.1 after next update.
Patch 1.1: Adds a reset game objects button in the menu. Should help if anything gets stuck without loosing your current score.
Play offline! Download the correct version and unpack it. Notice, version v0.2 is drastically different from its predecessors. Although v0.2 is lacking many features and is "more unfinished" than the predecessors, I would recommend, since it has better game play features.
- First post LD update!Jun 04, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.