how do you accelerate??
- press esc to open the menu (good for setting music volume and restarting)
- Right-click and move the mouse to look
- Right-click and scroll to zoom in and out
- some airplane controls require you to press keyboard buttons some need to be clicked with the mouse (left-click) and some need to be left-clicked and dragged
Thinking too much if they could an too little if they should the secret bio laboratory on Zombay Island created a dangerous zombie virus. Everything went out of control when two philosopher monkeys landed in the zombie pen and taught them the ancient technique of T-Posing. Will our protagonists survive and escape the cursed island with shark infested waters?
Zombay Island, exiting action thriller now on VHS.
Writers: Voidsay (screenplay), Voidsay (story)
Stars: No one of any note | See full cast & crew »
User Ratings: 3/10
Certified Critic Ratings: 1.2/10
Top User Reviews:
Could have been worse.
lol. worrrst 0/10 wiast of time
| See more User Reviews »
Game submission for Brackeys Jam 2020.2
Anyway now you have to escape Zombay Island by plane, a Cessna 172 skyhawk to be precise, oh and there are zombies as well. They will be here in about a minute to gently fondle your plane and probably eat your brain afterwards.
I hope for your own sake that you know how to start a plane, cause I ain't tellin' ya'. Good luck!
So I have been playing some flightgear lately and was in the mood to make a flight sim.
Bested my kryptonite the evil Quaternion I was set on a path to glory.
Did you know aerodynamic surfaces are hard to model. Yeah turns out simulators are hard to make for a reason.
Luckily I only make you start the plane. Try to reach the win trigger in the air, its more luck than skill. Enjoy the broken physics! No time to fix them now, I will fix them after the jam or not. Depends on my level of procrastination. Also the Credits don't roll *sigh*, but you only miss out on a few cheesy jokes...
Also I had a minor hart attack, when the WebGl version didn't work. Turns out there is a bug in the new Systeminput, that doesn't return the current mouse. Quick rewrite was needed.
If your stuck completetly here are a few tips:
- rightclick and drag to turn the camera
- use scroll to zoom in and out
- left click and drag control surfaces
- Engine: Unity
- 3D Editor: Blender 2.83
- 2D Editor: GIMP
- Music: Fruity Loops
- Audio Editor: Audacity
- Human model: MakeHuman
- Satellite data: Google.com, NASA STRM hightmap
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Spoilers Don't read if you aren't completely frustrated:
After starting the engine you need to adjust the throttle and mixture. Release the breaks as well. (although there isn't much flying mostly uncontrolled tumbling)
but how do you start the plane
Spoiler again with step by step instruction:
- Turn on the battery (it's one of the red buttons on the left)
- twist the ignition knob to the right. This engages the starter and makes the propeller spin (If you just want too drive the plane for a while and maul some zombies with the propeller you can disengage the brake and steer with the pedals, this is the more fun thing to do actually)
- Start saying your prayers to RNGesus (this is mandetory if you want to "win")
- very important step pull out the primer and push it back in do it once or twice (if you do that too much the engine won't start, this effect is known as engine flooding and can cause a fire (not moddeled). In this game this is an unrecoverable state)
- set the fuel mixture to rich, basically push in the red ball to the max
- push in the throttle (the black ball next to it)
- release the breaks if you haven't yet and pray that the physics Kraken has mercy on your soul, because my aerodynamics are completely broken.
- perhaps you would like to pull out the throttle a little since things should have gotten a little out of hand by this step.
- if you plan on keeping your electric charge high you can activate the alternator (other red button) to recharge your batteries after the engine has gone up to speed, but I packed in enough charge to run the engine and lights for a few minutes (the zombies will get you before you loose all the electrical charge).
- If you manage to rise high enough into the air you will win if not, well it's wherever the physics take you (seriously you will be disappointed by the non puzzle gameplay)
Congratulation you basically experienced an accurate simulation of starting an actual Cessna engine. I wanted to make some achievements that would have given you hints on the necessary steps, by rewarding you for making the correct steps, but I spent way too much time on the mouse over feature.
The other buttons are read hearings and mostly turn on lights and blinkers. They are optional and only consume electric charge.